Application Developer - Policy Admin Systems
Boston, MA 02110
Contract to hire
Application Developer – Policy Administration Systems
Our Client has an immediate opening for an Application Developer supporting their Insurance Platform out of our Boston, MA office. They provide commercial property, casualty, healthcare professional liability, surety, executive and professional lines insurance to global customers. They are in the process of implementing a long-range technology platform strategy with a specific platform which includes Policy, Claims and Billing modules being a cornerstone.
They are looking to fill a role for development, enhancement, and support of our Insurance Policy Administration platform. The role will be involved in a wide range of analysis, design and programming activities leveraging core Microsoft technologies as well as the Duck Creek for Insurance suite of tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with other technical resources to interpret and translate business requirements into solution technical designs.
• Actively participate in configuration and programming activities supporting the Duck Creek Policy Administration system.
• Develop software code and modifications using appropriate languages and tools to provide responsive & innovative solutions.
• Create documentation to provide user support for programs and for production/operating procedures.
• Support, maintain, enhance and develop capabilities in support of our global Policy Admin System.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Background and understanding of Property & Casualty Insurance technology platforms.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience developing/supporting technology solutions within an insurance environment is important and P&C Insurance is preferred
• Experience in enterprise wide applications using ASP.NET, C#, .NET Framework, Web based Technologies, LINQ, ADO.Net.
• Expertise in XML, XSLT, XML Web Srvs, WCF; Visual Studio 2012 / 2013 & Source Controls (TFS, VSTS).
• Expertise in object-oriented systems architecture in creating supportable and extensible systems
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, adept at working with remote IT teams.
• .Net Development experience is necessary for this role.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.