Corvallis, OR 97330
Our client is in need of a Buyer for a 2 year contract opportunity in Corvallis, OR. If you’ re that person, submit your resume now!
Our client is a multinational information technology company headquartered in California. Well known for developing personal computers, printers, and 3D printing solutions. Their game-changing printing technology business unit is both an exciting and challenging place to work. They are looking for candidates to add to this team, if this is for you – apply TODAY!
RightStone is a strategic partner that works with our clients to place the highest caliber of talent for a wide range of industries and skill sets. For over 23 years RightStone has assisted organizations in attracting, recruiting, and placing qualified candidates quickly for contract, contract to hire, and direct hire opportunities. The right candidates are the most critical aspect of who RightStone is. If you are that candidate, we are interested in speaking with you!
The Buyer will manage order lifecycle management with our client’ s suppliers. The candidate’ s main focus is working with our suppliers to guaranty assurance of supply and cost accuracy for our client’ s business. Additionally, the candidate will get the opportunity to manage KPIs, projects, and/or commodities. The ideal candidate will display initiative, collaboration, communication skills and an ability to rationally manage many objectives simultaneously as keys to success!
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating demand/supply management, business processes and/or manufacturing/delivery of products and services to HP policy and country regulatory requirements.
- Partners with stakeholders to identify/implement opportunities for business process improvement to effectively manage costs, integrate new and existing businesses, and adapt to changes in the business and regulatory environment.
- Time horizon is typically focused on less than six months for forecasting/planning.
- Leading and working with cross-functional teams, creates and implements plans that enable the execution of business strategies.
- Participates in the process by which demand signals are developed, validated for alignment with transition plans, supply constraints identified, and an executable plan defined that meets financial and market share goals.
- Scope includes business execution processes related to lifecycle planning; order management (including allocation management, Available to Promise (ATP) / commit processes, business attainment tracking); logistics management (including inbound/outbound coordination and consolidation of domestic and international systems to support shipments); and inventory management (including analysis, optimization and velocity).
- Partners cross-functionally to develop, track and manage business metrics for the organization (may include customer availability, service levels, on-time delivery, supplier response time (SRTs), supply chain costs and inventory).
- Works on problems/projects of moderately complex scope. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input.
- Follows established guidelines and interprets policies.
- Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- First level university degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in a supply chain function.
- Knowledgeable in buying strategies.
- Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues.
- Ability to work onsite 5 days a week.
RightStone is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. RightStone is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors, coworkers, independent contractors and other third parties.