Chemical Engineer I
San Diego, CA 92127 US
We are looking for a Chemical Engineer I to work onsite in San Diego California 92127 for a 2-year contract position and will work alongside R&D engineers will require you to trouble shoot, diagnose press and test tooling problems, providing repairs/solution. Requires Bachelors or Master's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent and experience with test bed control languages, test tools, scripting applications, and firmware is highly preferred, APPLY NOW!
Location: Required Onsite - San Diego California 92127
Duration: 2-year contract
Pay: $25/hourly on W2
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work directly with R&D customers to partner and support R&D development pertaining to the company s PWP Digital Web Presses
- Operate and maintain multiple PWP Web presses
- The Web Presses are very large industrial pieces of equipment that require hands on electrical mechanical support
- Working alongside R&D engineers will require you to trouble shoot, diagnose press and test tooling problems, providing repairs/solutions as well as installing any required H/W, S/W upgrades as needed by our business partners
- As required, you'll proactively and effectively escalate issues on your customers' behalf
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to apply analytical/mathematical skills and understanding of the fundamentals involved in the assigned field (e.G., chemistry, physics, materials science, electronics, optics etc.)
- Electrical Mechanical experience
- MS Office Access, Word, and Excel
- Ability to trouble shoot and debug both software and mechanical related issues on test tools
- Ability to interact & communicate effectively (verbal, written, 1: 1, and group presentations)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, R&D environment with continuous changes
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Lock Out Tag Out
Skill and Responsibilities will also include:
- Perform repair and maintenance duties associated with manufacturing and assembly
- Experience supporting and managing firmware qualifications, revisions, and upgrades
- Troubleshoots problems on non-functioning equipment
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and/or rough sketches or drawings
- Perform equipment modification as directed by test/manufacturing engineers
- Uses ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of new concepts/techniques and to complete assignments/tasks in innovative and effective ways
- Work on assignments that are highly complex in nature where a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge are required to resolve problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from supervisor
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- Typically 0-2 years of experience
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Experience with test bed control languages, test tools, scripting applications, and firmware (Python, Java, C++, Kahuna, Condor TTZ builder, Printer Driver, Linux, Data Plug, SQL, Black Stone, Black Knight, Talon Play, Mechware commands, TCL).
RightStone is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
RightStone is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors, coworkers, independent contractors and other third parties.
Join OUR team. Be part of our family of contractors and consultants. That is what we sell. Experience our one on one recruiting model, our dedicated onboarding and HR team, top of market operations team, and be a part of a company with one the highest retention rates for contractors in the US staffing market.