Boston, MA 02116
Our client is actively searching for an experienced Data Developer for a 6 month contract opportunity working onsite in Boston, MA. Experienced in Agile, SQL, PowerBI, and potentially Tableau...If you’ re that person, submit your resume now!
Our client is a Fortune 100 company and is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in the U.S. Corporately located in Boston, MA - with over 50, 000 employees and 900 Global locations, they are looking to add to their stellar team! Their corporate culture of protecting families, building business, and investing in lives is embraced by all of their employees and is shared with new candidates that join. If you are that candidate, we want to talk to you!
RightStone is a strategic partner that works with our clients to place the highest caliber of talent for a wide range of industries and skill sets. For over 23 years RightStone has assisted organizations in attracting, recruiting, and placing qualified candidates quickly for contract, contract to hire, and direct hire opportunities. The right candidates are the most critical aspect of who RightStone is. If you are that candidate, we are interested in speaking with you!
The Data Developer will be responsible for developing complex projects, devising and modifying procedures to consolidate financial data and generate reports and dashboards. The role works closely with our client' s Private Investment and Financial Advisory Service teams supporting a growing portfolio of private equity, real estate, and natural resource investments.
- Develops maintainable/scalable, effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
- Works within the project team to lead iterative development (using agile development practices) that delivers a high quality product
- Supports the production support transition and implementation phases
- Creates support documentation
- Participates in functional/system integration testing
- Plans work out appropriately, effectively communicates and responds to escalations/inquiries.
- Identify and implements appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Bachelor' s or Master' s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- Generally 5+ years of professional experience
- Some experience on full stack development like Nodejs, Angular/React, REST API, FLASK, MEAN * Team will be moving this direction, not a requirement
- Experience working with SQL, including joins, subqueries, views and ability to write efficient SQL queries. Basic knowledge of data modeling (entities, indexes). Data analytics is a plus.
- Ability to build simple Python batch data pipleline (file-to-file, file-to-database, data engineering) using Pandas or Bonobos, exposure to SSIS or any other ETL experience is a plus
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in an Agile (scrum) development environment (Test-Driven Design, MVP, iterative and incremental design), familiarity with DevOps concepts
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
RightStone is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. RightStone is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors, coworkers, independent contractors and other third parties.