Information Security and Risk Consultant
Bedford, NH 03110
Contract or contract to hire. Had a VP lined up but now looking for a consultant in the interim
Our client is a market leader in the growing financial technology space. They provide advanced portfolio rebalancing and trade order management solutions to Registered Investment Advisors, broker dealers, banks, trust companies, and other financial institutions. The 2008 market crash highlighted the need for effective and efficient rebalancing and trading technology in the financial services industry and our client is at the forefront. We are seeking professionals to join our outstanding team in this exciting industry.
Vice President – Information Security & Risk Officer
Responsible for the implementation and management of the firms’ Information Security, Business Continuity, and Risk Assessment programs and related procedures. Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure the firm is current and in compliance with industry best practices while balancing the organization resources and size. Review all programs on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to senior management on changes or the implementation of new policies and procedures. Conduct regular internal audits to insure policies and procedures are being adhered to based on current documentation. Educate staff on all programs and implement an annual certification program
- Develop and Implement the firm’ s Information Security Policies and Procedures which includes the dissemination of such policies and procedures to existing and new staff. On an annualized (at the minimum) basis review and update the Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Annually insure staff recertifies their understanding and compliance with the firms’ Information Security program.
- Periodically, audit key components of the firms’ Information Security Program.
- Develop and Implement the firm’ s Business Continuity Program inclusive of an incident response program. On an annualized (at the minimum) basis review and update the firms’ BCP plan.
- Annually insure staff recertifies their understanding with the firms’ BCP program.
- Implement quarterly testing for the firms’ BCP program
- Develop and Implement the firm’ s Risk Assessment Program. On an annualized (at the minimum) basis review and update the firms’ Risk Assessment Program
- Annually insure staff recertifies their understanding with the firms’ Risk Assessment program.
- Audit Coordinator working with external Auditors to implement an SSAE18 (or similar IT audits) to support our SaaS services.
- Identify security programs and protocols to support the launch and ongoing operation of the firms’ SaaS service. The implementation of programs and protocols will be coordinated with external IT services providers.
- Responsible for responding to all client inquires, questionnaires or other forms of communications around the firms’ Information Security Policies, Business Continuity Programs, Risk Assessment Programs, Incident Management Programs and related procedures.
Key Attributes/Qualification Requirements
- Outstanding communication (both oral and written) and collaboration skills and is able to work with a diverse internal group, get consensus, and drive client needs forward.
- Effective planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with or understanding of Industry and Best practices for Information Security, Business Continuity and Risk Assessment programs.
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 5-7 years of field experience
- Focus, Passion, Driven and Proactivity