Manager, Labor Relations
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Manager of Labor Relations - Direct Hire
Our client is currently seeking a Manager, Labor Relations in Sunnyvale, CA. Are you the ideal candidate who brings a fresh, new, and strategic approach to solving situations that arise between two business units? If you answered, " YES" to this question, we want to speak to you!
- You are comfortable being the focal point to assist in the development and implementation of HR strategy
- You will strategically help build organizational capability to meet financial and strategic goals
- Must have previous leadership experience influencing peers and all levels of management
- Must have HR labor relations experience with respect to preparing for and advising on matters pertaining to contract negotiation, grievance cases, arbitration, conciliation, federal and state labor legislation, etc. Project management, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills, business acumen, and problem solving skills
- Must be flexible and a progressive thinker with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks from inception to completion in a changing environment.
- Bachelor' s degree required plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in HR, with experience in Labor Relations
- Position requires HR Labor Relations experience with contract negotiations, grievance cases, arbitration, and conciliation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law and working knowledge of HR policies and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience leading cross-functional projects to completion including organizing, prioritizing, planning, scheduling and following up on all project related items.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts
Candidate may be required to travel up to 25%, sometimes with short notice in support of the business.