Sr. IT- Security Operations Manager
Garden City, NY 11530
Direct Hire position
IT Security Operations Lead I
The IT Security Operations Lead provides leadership and Security Operations hands-on expertise is the Security Operations Center of the firm. This position is responsible for monitoring the IT Security environment to immediately detect, verify, and respond swiftly to cyber threats, e.g. vulnerability exploitation, malware, cyber-attacks, etc.; serving as a technical escalation resource and provide mentoring to lower level staff. This role effectively establishes the Incident response operations of the organization, by working closely with IT and business stakeholders to execute in a non-disruptive manner across the firm. This position within the Office of the CISO is instrumental in increasing the security posture of the firm. Working in conjunction with Architecture, IT Compliance and IT Infrastructure, this position will be a key contributor in defining the IT Security strategy, Security roadmap and formulation of the Security process relative to threat intelligence, security monitoring, security automation, intrusion detection/prevention, purple teaming, endpoint security, Third Party Security Assessment, SIEM and SOC.
- • Design, develop and deploy automation playbooks for automated incident response investigations. Working with business stakeholders and IT stakeholders across the firm
- • Lead investigations of security events (e.g., unauthorized access, non-compliance with company policies, fraud, service exploitation, etc.) to determine malfunctions, breaches, and remediation steps.
- • Responds to service issues, problems, and critical situations to support resolution and minimize downtime. Identify, procure and prototype new solutions designed to prevent, detect, and respond to threats
- • Administration and daily operation of SIEM technologies, including rule creation, reporting, correlation and performance monitoring. Lead and support information security projects by researching, documenting, and assisting with the implementation of security solutions.
- • Leverage firms’ threat intelligence sources & partners to maintain an understanding of emerging security threats and advanced threat actor’ s capabilities.
- • Leverage firm’ s Continuous Testing framework to identify, design and deploy tests for firm’ s security monitoring controls.
- • Integrate threat intelligence feeds and sources with firm’ s security monitoring infrastructure.
- • Support, maintain and enhance firm’ s Orchestration and Automation platform
- • Identify and implement tools to baseline activity and alert or limit suspicious activity and insider threat among networks, databases, data and users
- • Select, develop, and manage the implementation of systems, tools, and processes that will keep the firm at the leading edge of security. This includes a continually-evolving inventory of gaps to be mitigated and formulation of a proactive strategy to evaluate and implement mitigating technologies.
- • Work with our industry partners to communicate our approach to security and develop programs to establish typical industry security audit reports (SOC 2 etc).
- • Continuously remain current on emerging security threats and technologies
- • Serve as the security subject-matter expert on the escalation process for security incidents and mentor junior engineers
- • Assists in the design, development and implementation of security tools
- • Assists in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures (e.g., user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of firewalls and encryption routines).
- • Assists with security-related software and firmware (e.g., endpoint, vulnerability scanners, firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, proxy etc.) to maintain security and service continuity.
- • Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates and maintains and documents security controls.
- • Prepares status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- • Involved in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- • Other duties assigned
- • Bachelors Degree and 3 years work experience in a relevant role, i.e. SOC Analyst, Incident Response, Cybersecurity Threat Analyst
- • Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- • Oral and written communication skills
- • Attention to detail in conducting analysis combined with an ability to accurately record full documentation in support of their work.
- • Experience with event analysis leveraging SIEM tools (e.g. Splunk, ArcSight, SecureWorks),
- • Log parsing and analysis skill set and previous experience developing and refining correlation rules
- • Hands-on experience deploying & operating security technologies including devices, networks and systems that prevent, detect & respond to security threats
- • Strong understanding of security operations concepts such as perimeter defense, BYOD management, data loss protection, insider threat, kill-chain analysis, risk assessment and security metrics
- • Working knowledge of a wide range of current network security technologies such as firewalls, proxies, network and host-based intrusion prevention, DLP, vulnerability assessment tools, security information/event management, endpoint security, anti-virus/anti-malware, etc.
- • Strong understanding of network protocols
- • Development/scripting experience: Python and/or PowerShell.
- • Experience with Signature development/management (e.g. Snort rules, Yara rules)
- • Knowledge of protocol analysis and tools (e.g. Wireshark, Gigastor, Netwitness, etc.)
- • Experienced in mentoring and training junior analysts
- • Working knowledge of current cyber threat landscape (e.g. threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- • Working knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux, Firewall and Proxy technology
- • Knowledge of malware operation and indicators, Data Loss Prevention monitoring
- • Knowledge of forensic techniques
- • knowledge of penetration techniques
- • knowledge of DDoS mitigation techniques
- • Ability to self-organize, prioritize activities independently, create documentation and reporting
- • Thinks both tactically and strategically
- • Enables creative solutions by stimulating ideas through discussion and collaboration
- • Able to work on multiple activities at the same time, organizing and prioritizing as needed to accomplish goals
- • Manages uncertainty well – able to assess and act with good enough but imperfect or incomplete information
- • Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical ideas to non-technical individuals at any level
- • Proven experience in managing and directing staff.
Candidates should have:
- • B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or similar technical program
- • At least one active security certification: CEH, OSCP, CPTE, CISM, CISSP or related
- • 3-5+ years in a hands-on technical role in information security supporting a large organization
- • Expert knowledge of security frameworks and principals and relevant technologies and vendors including AWS, Azure and O365, Qradar or Splunk
- • Garden City, NY or Daytona Beach, Fl
- • 30% Travel may be required