Sr. Programmer Analyst - East Hartford, CT
East Hartford, CT 06118
Our client is in need of a Senior Programmer-Analyst for a 1.5 year contract opportunity to work onsite in East Hartford, CT. If you’ re that person, submit your resume now!
Our client is a 24-billion-dollar global entity that is a recognized leader in corporate responsibility. They are an Enterprise Services Group that specializes in guiding large enterprises and government agencies through successful change cycles. They are looking for candidates to join their global brand!
RightStone is a strategic partner that works with our clients to place the highest caliber of talent for a wide range of industries and skill sets. For over 23 years RightStone has assisted organizations in attracting, recruiting, and placing qualified candidates quickly for contract, contract to hire, and direct hire opportunities. The right candidates are the most critical aspect of who RightStone is. If you are that candidate, we are interested in speaking with you!
The ideal candidate will meet ITAR Regulation Requirements. In this position we are looking for a highly motivated hands-on senior programmer analyst to fill a vital role on our manufacturing development and support team. The right candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and capitalize on their skills and experience to create new solutions while mentoring others.
- Provide full life cycle support for code changes in the production environment and development of new extensions to existing platform.
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to trouble shoot challenging data centric problems.
- Analyze business requirements and scope of programming tasks and be able to document as well as communicate those requirements to non-technical audience
- Provide on call support for production environment.
- Maintain a high proficiency level with system architectures and data transfer methodologies.
- Contribute to a nimble and responsive application development/support team.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 Yrs systems development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting as well as other scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and VBScript.
- Strong knowledge of APIs and their use in integrating applications and data systems.
- Broad experience converting data from a wide variety of systems and file formats
- Microsoft Development technologies such as C#, Java, VB, .NET.
- 3-5 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate knowledge of manufacturing systems with little documentation and be able to create process flow charts and data flows.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, and issue resolution.
- An ability to work independently in solving business problems.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with job scheduling tools.
- Experience using documentation tools such as Visio
- Expertise in the utilization of standard QA / testing tools.
RightStone is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. RightStone is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors, coworkers, independent contractors and other third parties.