Web Press Technician
Corvallis, OR 97330
Our client is in need of an experienced Web Press Technician for a 2 year contract opportunity to work onsite in Corvallis, OR. If you’ re that person, submit your resume now!
Our client is a multinational information technology company headquartered in California. Well known for developing personal computers, printers, and 3D printing solutions - they are consistently ' re-inventing' the common workplace and looking for great candidates to experience this with. If you are that candidate, we want to talk to you!
RightStone is a strategic partner that works with our clients to place the highest caliber of talent for a wide range of industries and skill sets. For over 23 years RightStone has assisted organizations in attracting, recruiting, and placing qualified candidates quickly for contract, contract to hire, and direct hire opportunities. The right candidates are the most critical aspect of who RightStone is. If you are that candidate, we are interested in speaking with you!
The Web Press Technician will work directly with our client’ s R&D customers to partner and support R&D development pertaining to our client’ s PWP Digital Web Presses. Working alongside R&D engineers will require you to troubleshoot, diagnose press and test tooling problems, providing repairs/solutions as well as installing any required H/W, S/W upgrades as needed by our business partners.
- Perform repair and maintenance duties associated with manufacturing and assembly.
- Experience supporting and managing firmware qualifications, revisions, and upgrades.
- Troubleshoots problems on non-functioning equipment.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and/or rough sketches or drawings.
- Perform equipment modification as directed by test/manufacturing engineers.
- Uses ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of new concepts/techniques and to complete assignments/tasks in innovative and effective ways.
- Work on assignments that are highly complex in nature where a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge are required to resolve problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from supervisor.
- AA/AS Degree in Business or Technical area or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to apply analytical/mathematical skills and understanding of the fundamentals involved in the assigned field (e.g., chemistry, physics, materials science, electronics, optics etc.).
- Electrical Mechanical experience
- MS Office Access, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to trouble shoot and debug both software and mechanical related issues on test tools.
- Ability to interact & communicate effectively (verbal, written, 1: 1, and group presentations).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, R&D environment with continuous changes.
- Ability to read electrical schematics
Highly Desired Skills but not required:
Experience with test bed control languages, test tools, scripting applications, and firmware (Python, Java, C++, Kahuna, Condor TTZ builder, Printer Driver, Linux, Data Plug, SQL, Black Stone, Black Knight, Talon Play, Mechware commands, TCL).
RightStone is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. RightStone is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors, coworkers, independent contractors and other third parties.